Opening of a vested benefit account

You have received information that an account has been opened for you at the Substitute Occupational Benefit Institution, but you do not know what this means?

These are pension fund assets that we manage on behalf of the Federal Council. Pension schemes have a legal obligation to transfer your assets to us if after leaving you fail to give instructions of what to do with them. Or you may have requested your pension scheme to transfer your assets to us.

Your employment relationship has been terminated and you are leaving your pension scheme?

You can open a vested benefits account with the Substitute Occupational Benefit Institution until you re-join a pension scheme.

Next steps

Send the letter Transfer my vested benefits to your previous pension scheme so they can transfer your vested benefits to us and we can open a vested benefit account in your name.


Stiftung Auffangeinrichtung BVG
Vested benefits accounts
8050 Zurich

Call service

Convenient and free of charge – we call you on the date and at the time requested to clarify the matter you wish to discuss.